Life Summarized:

My photo
Hey! My name is Justin and I am married to my ridiculously awesome wife Jules. We are youth pastors at Christ Church of Orlando. Life, up 'til now is golden. Not only am I the student pastor of identity student ministries but I am also the worship leader at our church, the graphics and web designer and I run a photography business called J.Mikl Photography (www.jmikl.com). This isn't the only site I maintain. I have a youth site, a college site, a church site, and a photography business to manage. But that's enough of that. I love my life, my job, and my youth. I must say that I have one of the most time consuming jobs but I also have the best job in the whole world. We can't wait to see what God has in store for us and our quickly growing family. Someone once told me, "You gotta think BIG, dream BIG, and plan HUGE!"...they are words I now live by...

CATALYST BOUND!!!

Well, I am gearing up to go to Catalyst this week. For those of you that don't know what Catalyst is, it is one of the best conferences around for young ministers around the globe. It's an amazing place to get fresh and new ideas and it also helps give perspective of what else is going on in the world as far as Christian Culture is concerned. Past speakers have consisted of: John Maxwell, Andy Stanley, Dave Ramsey, Rick Warren, Erwin McManus, Francis Chan, Craig Groeschel, George Barna, Louie Giglio, and many more. Not only have the speakers been amazing in the past but the music has also been top notch.
Visit CatalystConference.com


Every year I leave Catalyst with tons of teaching resources as well as new media and video ideas for the upcoming year. Catalyst seems to always push the envelope when it comes to music, stage design, marketing ideas, and thinking. If you have never been you owe it to yourself to either talk to someone that has been or just get a ticket for yourself and go. This might be my last year to go due to the fact that one of Catalyst's biggest supporters and guest speakers Andy Stanley has started his own conference called DRIVE and focused more on the administrative side of church. He answers the question, "What's the best way to run church business?" It's sad that it might be my last year to go to Catalyst but I am excited to see what else is out there. I never want to get stagnant in regards to where I glean all my ideas and resources. I want to always keep pushing myself outside my comfort zones and see what else God has to reveal. We try to do the same thing within our youth ministry by always going to new places and conferences and never doing the same-ole same-ole! So CATALYST BOUND, I am!

No comments: