Life Summarized:

My photo
Hey! My name is Justin and I am married to my ridiculously awesome wife Jules. We are youth pastors at Christ Church of Orlando. Life, up 'til now is golden. Not only am I the student pastor of identity student ministries but I am also the worship leader at our church, the graphics and web designer and I run a photography business called J.Mikl Photography (www.jmikl.com). This isn't the only site I maintain. I have a youth site, a college site, a church site, and a photography business to manage. But that's enough of that. I love my life, my job, and my youth. I must say that I have one of the most time consuming jobs but I also have the best job in the whole world. We can't wait to see what God has in store for us and our quickly growing family. Someone once told me, "You gotta think BIG, dream BIG, and plan HUGE!"...they are words I now live by...

Nostalgically Blessed

This past weekend me and Jules visited where I grew up because an old friend of mine was getting married. It was so cool to see all of the friends I grew up with and to finally see all of us married and successful with kids on the way. There comes a point in your life where you look around and you realize how far you all have come and much you all have been through together. Not only to we have an awesome time visiting the past but as we returned to Orlando (the present reality), we had another amazing surprise from the past. Our old friends from the Campus Choir days, Larry and Kristin Kusic stopped in to visit our church on their way home from a family vacation. It's so good to have friends that you can just pick right back up where you left off and still keep connected.

This weekend, God was so good to me. He showed me how blessed we are and on top of that he showed me how faithful He is to give us life and to the fullest. Let me explain. Not only did He give us an opportunity to revisit the past He also blessed us in the now. As you all know, the economy is tight but we have always been faithful in our giving regardless. I will admit that it has been hard at time but we have stood on God's promise that "if we put the Kingdom of God firs that all else will be added." So Sunday morning I wrote out my tithe check as usual and trust that God would supply all our needs. Just as the first service ended, a new member of the church, that I don't know all that well, shook my hand and handed me some money. As the crowd began to disperse out the exits I looked down in my hand and I saw the same amount of money I had just paid in tithes. THANK YOU, JESUS! But I'm not done...Second service rolls around and I feel that if God blessed first service then I have give back to the God who supplied. So I gave again in the offering. I kid you not...later that night at a prayer and worship service someone handed me a card with the same amount of money I paid in the second service. WOW! GOD IS SO GOOD!

When the world is trembling in fear because they rely on their own resources to financially stabilize their own economy, know that we can trust in God that is faithful to follow through with His promises. THANK YOU, JESUS!

No comments: