Life Summarized:

My photo
Hey! My name is Justin and I am married to my ridiculously awesome wife Jules. We are youth pastors at Christ Church of Orlando. Life, up 'til now is golden. Not only am I the student pastor of identity student ministries but I am also the worship leader at our church, the graphics and web designer and I run a photography business called J.Mikl Photography (www.jmikl.com). This isn't the only site I maintain. I have a youth site, a college site, a church site, and a photography business to manage. But that's enough of that. I love my life, my job, and my youth. I must say that I have one of the most time consuming jobs but I also have the best job in the whole world. We can't wait to see what God has in store for us and our quickly growing family. Someone once told me, "You gotta think BIG, dream BIG, and plan HUGE!"...they are words I now live by...

CATALYST DAY 2

Well, day two is done and I made it back home to Orlando. Man, the days are long at Catalyst but filled with so much good stuff. Today's worship was lead by Steve Fee again as well as Kristian Stanfill, and another kid named Aaron Keyes. The day started off with an African choir leading us into worship and then later Lanny Donoho bringing an elephant into the room and then soon after that bringing in a donkey. I'm sure there was some symbolism trying be conveyed. The speakers were mucho better today...I thought. Tim Sanders gave a compelling talk on contagious compassion and how it has an amazing ripple effect when we step outside of ourselves in deliver an act of compassion that it is contagious to those around that witness. After Sanders was through, Dave Ramsey took the stage and blew everyone away. Not doing the typical and obvious talk on finances, Dave gave an authoritative talk on building unity within your ministry and not apogozing for holding a standard of excellence in all that we do. Here is just a taste of his closing talk. These are the 5 enemies of unity he says everyone must fight against: 1) Poor Communication, 2) Gossip, 3) Unresolved Disagreements, 4) Lack of Shared Purpose, 5) Sanctioned Incompetence. Another great talk was from a guy named Matt Chandler. He gave a talk on authentic living and ministering. He said that too many people use God just to grow their ministry or church and don't use God to grow themselves. How can we challenge people to live fully committed to God and live by faith when we ourselves can't. Live the Life. Overall, Catalyst was good and I can't wait to see what it has in store for the future 10th year anniversary. Next year they have already revealed to us that there will be 2 Catalysts. One on the east coast in Atlanta and another in Orange County, California. Hope to see you there!

No comments: